We support trading companies and distribution network operators in infrastructure investments and provide legal support to key processes of energy companies (sales, handling of development investments, litigation and IT system implementations).
Since the very beginning of our law firm’s existence, we have provided services to energy companies and other entities operating at the intersection of energy and construction. Our clients receive our support in the preparation and implementation of key investments, such as the construction of large-scale photovoltaic installations, the modernization of existing capacities or other development investments. We also take part in the implementation of IT changes at our clients, negotiating implementation and maintenance contracts for IT systems (such as CRM or billing and invoicing systems). We execute transactions involving the installation of energy recovery units at industrial plants, the acquisition of power generation enterprises (such as operating biogas plants), investment land and utility easements. We negotiate and support the implementation of PPAs (Power Purchase Agreements), VPAs (Virtual Power Purchase Agreements) and commercial balancing agreements. We also handle litigation involving connection agreements and electricity sale agreements.
- conducting negotiations of contracts for the supply of services in the IT area for a large energy company with a value of more than PLN 50 million;
- a transaction involving the installation and maintenance of apparatus for the recovery of waste heat generated by metallurgical processes;
- negotiating a PPA between a large manufacturing plant and the owner of a photovoltaic plant;
- representation of a large power company in a court dispute with a power consumer on the grounds of power reliability settlements, ending with the acceptance of our client’s claim;
- development of contract templates for a trading company for use in B2C and B2B relationships.
Our services include, in particular:
- developing tender documents and negotiating key contracts;
- providing day-to-day support for the purchasing, IT, compliance and legal departments;
- representing clients in litigation under the energy law;
- consulting for the management and key personnel of energy companies;
- representing clients in proceedings before the President of the Energy Regulatory Office (President of URE) in cases involving administrative penalties;